Google Maps can be used by your business to reach new customers who are already searching for the products or services you offer. By listing your business for free on Google maps you are making it easier for customers to find you on Google search and Google Maps. As well as adding your business address on Google maps you can also add further information such as hours of operation and even coupons to print out and take to the shop to encourage purchase.
How a customer finds you on Google is simple:
1. People search for products in your area
2. Find your local listing
3. And connect to your business
How to get your business listed on Google Maps
- Go to www.maps.google.com
- Click on ‘put your business on Google Maps’
- If you have a Google account log in with your username and password if not click on ‘create a new Google account’ and follow the instructions
- Once logged into your account click ‘add new business’
- Fill out your business information as directed and you location should be marked on the map to the right. There is an option at the bottom to fix an incorrect market location if necessary. You can also upload photos and videos, specify categories, payment options, provide business hours etc.
- Google Maps are interactive and very user-friendly. Users can easily get directions to your business from their chosen location making it easy for customers to reach your business from wherever they are travelling from.
- There is also a ‘search nearby’ feature which enables users to search for items near to your location such as hotels, restaurants, cinemas, etc.
- Google Maps can also be used to map itineraries such as bike rides, walking tours, trip itineraries etc.
To create a new map
- Log into your Google account
- Click on ‘My Maps’ then ‘create new map’
- Give your map a title and description
- Click on add a placemark logo and place it on the map at first point of itinerary. Add title and descriptor of placemark
- To locate a placemark on the map simply enter the location in the search bar then click search and the results should mark the location on the map
- Repeat this process for next placemark
- To link placemarks click on draw a line and follow the instructions
- Repeat this process to map all of your itinerary
- You can print off your itinerary or email it to friends
- To add the map to your company website click on ‘link’ in top right hand corner and paste HTML to embed in website
GTT Consultancy has carried out consultancy work for the following businesses. Click on the link to discover further information on the project we delivered
Derrynoid Centre – www.derrynoid.co.uk
Visit West Belfast - www.visitwestbelfast.com
Heatons Guesthouse, Dingle www.heatonsdingle.com
Pax House , Guesthouse Dingle www.pax-house.com
West Coast Adventures, Mayo www.westcoastadventuretours.ie
Live Trad – www.livetrad.com
Headland New Media –www.headland.ie
Raw Outdoors – www.rawoutdoors.co.uk
Voya Seaweed Baths, Sligo www.voyaseaweedbaths.com
Canal Court Hotel – www.canalcourthotel.com
We provide tourism training solutions tailored specifically to industry needs. We have developed a range of bespoke training programmes for a number of organisations in the last three years including:
- Business Mentoring on the Failte Ireland Tourism Mentoring Programme 2009;
- Hospitality and Tourism Mentoring Project with Southern Regional College for Mourne Heritage Trust and Armagh Down Tourism Partnership 2008;
- Customer Care and Civic Pride Training Programme with Southern Regional College for East Border Region 2008;
- Customer Care and Customer Charter Training for Electoral Service of Northern Ireland 2008;
- Tourism Marketing Training Programme Lough Neagh Partnership 2007;
- FaCT (Food and Cultural Tourism) Mentoring Programme with Southern Regional College for Waterford Leader Partnership 2007;
- Mentoring support for tourism businesses in the Greenbox 2007.
Mentoring is a pivotal part of the success of our training programmes and has been highly valued by past participants. In addition we offer 1-to-1 mentoring support sessions to tourism businesses and we have found that this approach tends to suit a number of small tourism SMEs.
For more information on Tourism Training Contact GTT Consultancy
GTT Consultancy was established in 2004 in response to a demand for specialist services in the hospitality and tourism industry in Ireland tailored to individual business needs. We provide a personalised consultancy service based on practical, realistic solutions.
Kieran Swail is the Director and has over 20 years experience in the industry working in a range of operational and management roles including; managing a family pub business, operating and selling educational and sports tours, promoting corporate hospitality, lecturing in travel and tourism, tour guiding, providing training and mentoring support to SMEs and evaluating projects.
For more information contact GTT Consultancy today
If you are a small tourism or hospitality business then GTT Consultancy can help you improve your business.
Do you want:
- More customers?
- More profit?
- More time?
If so then contact GTT Consultancy to see how we can help.
We provide the following business consultancy services: