Skype is a software that enables users to make telephone calls over the web. Skype enables your business to make free PC to PC calls from your computer to other people on Skype. You can also call phones and mobiles across the world for great low rates all with excellent sound quality.
Features of Skype
- Free PC to PC calls to people anywhere in the world.
- Free video calls
- Call local, national and international phones and mobiles at great low rates per minute.
- Free instant messaging for when it’s not a good time to talk.
- Forward your calls to your mobile when you're offline.
- Send SMS messages to people on mobiles.
- Video conferencing facility for up to nine people.
How to use Skype
- Visit www.skype.com
- Click on ‘download’
- Skype 3.8 for Windows: Click on ‘Download now’ and click ‘run’
- Once downloaded follow the setup wizard
- After the installation has finished, you can open Skype at any time by clicking the icon on your desktop or in your system tray
- To make calls on Skype you will need to have a headset or use your computer's built-in microphone and speakers. To make video calls you will need a camera. Visit the Skype shop to browse for headsets and cameras.
- Set up your camera and microphone/headset
- When signed into Skype to locate your friend on Skype go to Tools-Add a contact- then search by full name, email or Skype name and click ‘Find’
- To make a Skype call click the name of the person you want to call and then press the big green button
- Remember Skype to Skype calls are free
- To call mobiles or landlines you have two options for purchasing credit to use on Skype: Pay As You Go or Pay Monthly. To purchase credit click Account-Buy Skype Credit and follow the instructions.
Pay As You Go
- Use it as you need it.
- Add money to your account and start calling.
- Call locally, nationally or internationally
Example per minute rates for calling phones and mobile worldwide
|Destination||Rate per minute (incl. VAT)|
|UK landline||£ 0.014|
|UK mobile (all networks)||£ 0.166|
|Ireland landline||£ 0.014|
|Ireland (all networks)||£ 0.129|
To the UK= £0.064
To Ireland = £0.071
- Unlimited calls to a country or region.
- Includes online number and voicemail.
- No long-term contract needed: 3 or 12 month option
Pay-per month rates (incl. VAT)
Unlimited calls to landlines in one country = £2.24 per month
Unlimited calls to landlines in 21 European countries = £3.39 per month
Unlimited calls to landlines in 36 countries worldwide = £7.99 per month
Benefits of using Skype for your business
- Reduced operating costs – free calls PC to PC and local, national and international calls at low rates.
- Video and conference calling facility for up to nine members – can bring your whole team together no matter where they are in the world.
- Instant messaging facility – saves time
- Useful features that can help your staff keep in touch while they're out of the office, like voicemail and call forwarding.
Visit Skype today to set up Skype for your business and for further details.